Friday, July 17, 2009

Cards for Cars

Every once in a while, I love to do trading with other Etsy sellers. It's one of things that I love being on Etsy community.

I recently made a trade with a lovely Etsian seller, SimpleWoodenToys. Granpa Ernie is the carpenter who makes these wonderful wooden toys. Mary, his daughter, runs the shop for him, and she was a great person to deal with. A trade of CaRds for cArS.

A couple of days ago, this set of 3 mini cars arrived on the mail. I was so excited opening the package, but my 19 mos son to whom I ordered this for was way more excited than I was when I showed him what I got on the mail. He dropped everything else and approached me with eagerness from the other side of the room.

He plays and plays with them (and is playing with them as I'm writing this post).


This set of wooden toys looks simple and yet you can tell that they are well-made and fine craftsmanship. The size is great for the small hands to hold. More importantly, it keeps my son occupied for awhile and I can do my chores.

Trading is great when you are trying to save money. Trading doesn't always have to involve tangible items. For example, you can take turn with your friends watching each other's child instead of hiring a babysitter.

So, what did you trade for lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens, Nat, your son is delicious! I can't wait to show these pictures to my Dad during his next visit. (Still won't get a computer. I guess at 81 he's allowed.) He gets such a kick out of seeing his toys in use.

    Thank you so much for featuring his toys on your blog. I can't wait to get my cards!

    XOXO, Mary

    ReplyDelete