Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Artisan: Jazzies and Lilies Designs

Meet Glenn of Jazzies & Lilies Designs. Amazing wire jewelry accessories! 

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
I am a stay at home mother of an 8 year old daughter hoping to have more children one day. I love to travel and spend quality time with my husband and daughter, go shopping with my sisters and mother, and eat out at different restaurants. I am a self-taught, Jewelry Designer in the Bay Area of California since 2009. I mainly hand make Jewelry out of wire. 



What is the story behind your shop name? It was always a dream of mine to start my own business with designs that I personally hand-make. That is when I decided to create, Jazzies & Lilies Designs, named after my daughter Jasmine, the Jazz Dancer, and my favorite flowers, Stargazer Lilies. Jazzies & Lilies Designs was created from my passion of hand-making simple, yet, unique jewelry designs. My Jewelry Line is called a Lil'Jazz. 



Which part of creation process that you like to do the most? 
I love to just sit down and start wiring and creating designs, especially when I am challenged to create something from a design that I've imagined all in my head or when I get a custom request.



Could you share on how your organize your products, we all can use a little tips here and there in this department? 
I don't have much work space since most of my creations are handmade in my room on my small desk. I use a lot of small bins and various size ziplock bags and separate my wires, tools, and beads accordingly. I have a jewelry case that I keep all my jewelry designs in ready to be shipped. 



What is your best seller? My Treble Clef Rings, Wired Love Two Finger Rings, and my Love Rings are my best sellers!



What inspires you? 
Aside from my daughter, my inspiration for my Jewelry Designs is Fashion! Every time I go to the mall, look through fashion magazines or just think about fashion, I get a whole lot of ideas rushing through my mind. I don't draw pictures, and I rarely write down my ideas. I just create them by hand from the image I've designed in my mind. This is why my designs are unique and one of a kind. Since my designs are all handmade, not one piece of jewelry will be the exact same.How do you promote your shop? I promote my shop through my Blog, through Twitter, and Facebook Fan Page


Stay-tuned for tomorrow's giveaway!


2 comments:

  1. You are a talented designer! I am in awe of people who have the knack to create something so beautiful. Good look in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. her treble clef rings sell like crazy! all of her stuff is amazing.

    i am kaceymm at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete